Beach Cleanup

Beach Cleanup
We filled 10 large trashbags with bottles and other miscellaneous objects that had washed up on shore

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day 8: January 18, 2012 - Campsite COMPLETE!

Kira: We finally finished building the fire wall today.  It was a great feeling being able to stand back and look at the finished project.  The rock wall was built to help prevent fires from spreading into the campsite.  Knowing that the project is finish provides me with hope that kids, and other members of the community, will have a nice place to take in the beauty of the island and learn about the environment.  After we completed the wall, Tevaras was kind enough to make us home-made conch fritters, which actually helped me visualize and imagine the camp getting used towards a good cause.  Now that we’ve finished our service at the site, we’ll be heading back to the blue hole tomorrow to build a fire pit.

Princess: We finally finished our project! I’m really excited because when we first started, I was talking about what type of service made me feel accomplished. In terms of doing service that is more labor- intensive-, I feel more accomplished when I the physical works strains my body. And, I am definitely sore, so, I definitely feel like we made a difference. Also, we have the finished wall as proof that we actually did something.  #yayBNT

Jennifer: We finished our service project today!!! I was excited to see all of our hard labor come together and form a finished project. Tevares was also kind enough to make us conch fritters which were delicious and something that is uniquely Bahamian. I had never tried conch before this trip. Although the service was grueling, I felt like I accomplished something and I especially liked seeing the group work together so well. I wouldn’t have been able to get through the project without everyone else working alongside me and motivating me to keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment