Beach Cleanup

Beach Cleanup
We filled 10 large trashbags with bottles and other miscellaneous objects that had washed up on shore

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day 9: January 19, 2012 - MORE rocks...and macheting...at the Blue Hole

Jennifer: Today we moved rocks to build a fire pit and created a path all the way around the blue hole. It was grueling and hot but chopping through all the poison wood and spiky thorn bushes gave me a feeling of satisfaction. I also made friends with a few hummingbirds and lizards. I really love the blue hole. It is a gorgeous area that I would never encounter in the states. I am sad to be leaving Andros tomorrow.

Taneeka: Today is our last day on Andros and the time I spent here has been really exciting! The AB team split up into groups of two at the blue hole today and I was assigned to pick up rocks for a fire pit. It was really tough, because all the rocks were huge and in poison wood!  Despite the heat and the back sores the group pulled together to get the job done! While we were at the blue hole we met some men from the navy base and it was fun to watch them do death defying jumps off the dock into the blue hole! After finishing up the work and a quick swim at the blue hole, the group went back home so that we can kayak in the creek that runs alongside the place we were staying. Although I can’t swim and I’m afraid of drowning, I participated and it was so much fun. Princess was in the kayak with me and neither one of us can swim so it’s a good thing we had lifeguard Lindsey watching over us in the creek!!!! Despite all the uncertainties that came along on the trip I had an amazing time with the most amazing people! GO TERPS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment